We’re now a year into the Covid pandemic, but all of us at Seniors Helping Seniors, Greater Boston & Metrowest are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. When I think of the past year, I think of the resilience that each and every one of you had to keep pushing forward. When days were dark, our incredible team of caregivers were the light for your clients and their families.
While we are not out of the woods yet, hope is truly on the horizon and it’s worth celebrating. See below for a collection of things that bring joy and hope to our caregivers.
- Welcoming my new family and spending quiet times with both my furry children
- Spending time with my grandchildren
- Getting to bring my pet therapy dog with me to bring joy to my clients
- Spending quality time outdoors with my husband, splitting wood
- Getting to spend more time golfing
- Reconnecting with old friends near and far over the phone and computer
- Lots of quality time at home and on walks with my dog
- Creating timeline memory books for my clients
- Staying in touch with my best friends and planning to all get together in April once we’re fully vaccinated
To date, 90% of all of our staff have been vaccinated, spring is in the air and the future warm months look bright!
By Josh Obeiter